Hey, I’m Pooja. I think blogs are the perfect way to express yourself, and that’s how I’m gonna use my tumblr. It’s kind of like a look into my mind that I might not show in person. Sooo here goes:
1) Teenage girls on tumblr: Our blogs are us. If your blog consists of unrealistic, anorexic blonde girls wearing short-shorts with their bellies showing, that gives everyone a bit of insight on how you think people should be. I’m not that much of a prude, the shirtless guys you reblog pictures of are hot. REALLY hot. But I want to put more meaningful pictures up. Ones that go a bit deeper than highschool hormones. Pictures that show real beauty. Natural beauty. Not these barbie-type pictures that we’ll all look at and envy.
2) Our generation- Disgusts me. Though we have so many more free-thinkers than before, we have so many more who get away with not having to think at all. All the boys nowadays go by the philosophy “Fuck bitches, get money”. And the horny, insecure girls these days let them get away with it. Do something more productive. Put down the flashy screens and learn something. Travel, and open your minds to other cultures. The fact that you’re still reading this means that you still have some hope left in you.
3) “Young love”- I just want to start out with this: As cynical as I sound, I really don’t believe in the whole idea of “making decisions with your heart, not your brains”. Because kids these days sometimes confuse “heart” with “GONADS”. Honey, you aren’t thinking with your heart, you are thinking with your lady-parts. To love someone is to wish to spend your life with them; a life partner. A soul mate. Husband…children…grandchildren. I struggle to see how it is possible to love someone in 7th grade.
4) Religion- I think religion is a beautiful thing, and you should believe in whatever you want to. But never should your religion affect others negatively. I have been told that I will “go to hell” because I am not a christian. People rioting against and shunning homosexuals because a book written by other human beings says that its “wrong”. Muslim men stoning a woman for wanting to read and write. I am personally atheist. I don’t think that one being produced everything in the universe. What we learn in science class with the cells, what’s in the books about outer space, it just makes more sense to me than someone clapping their hands and everything just appears. But that’s just my opinion.
5) School- So few people in our grade value it. I think it is ridiculous. I don’t blame them too much. When you grow up in a safe, clean, bubble, its hard to figure out that there are people who don’t get all the things you do. Cell phone. When your house is a 10x7 blue plastic tarp, things like soap are unheard of, let alone a piece of technology like that. And when I see kids in our grade throwing around their ipones like a toy just because mommy and daddy will buy them a new one…disgusting. Our school is HUGE. And is has air conditioning. That is impossible in some places. If what I’m saying sounds like your mom ranting for no reason, travel. Because all you need right now is a good culture shock to open your eyes.
7) Teenage pregnancy and Abortion- I honestly think people should just wait. I know, it’s so difficult to contain your high school passion, since you guys will totally be together “forever”. If you’re okay with the risk, or if you REALLY love this person, as in- Marry, get old with, not just cute little smush-buddies, then go ahead and do it with him. But if you’re like basically every other teenage girl who gets around and just likes the feeling of it and thinks they love each other, just don’t be surprised if something horribly wrong happens. If a girl gets pregnant unintentionally, then she has to deal with that problem. If she’s not capable of taking care of the baby properly, then there is NO problem if she wants to get an abortion. She is not “killing” a little baby who is wondering why his “mommy doesn’t love him anymore” (what all the soppy pages on facebook say). This is basically a tiny little egg with one sperm in it. It doesn’t think. It doesn’t feel pain. If a 13 year old girl who made a mistake isn’t ready to pop a watermelon out of her pee-pee, then who are you to tell her that abortion’s wrong, and she’s a “murderer”? Adoption’s a great thing, and I totally want to adopt when I grow up. Why make more when there are so many homeless kids out there? Basically, life is precious, so care for it: If you can’t, then don’t let it happen accidentally.